- This event has passed.
Ojai WILD! Benefit
June 3, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
KEEPING THE OJAI FORESTS WILD!
You can celebrate the Ojai area’s wildlife and wild places at this year’s Ojai WILD! a benefit, the region’s largest gathering of outdoor enthusiasts, on Sunday, June 3, 2018 from 4-7:30 pm. The event is open to the public and is hosted by Los Padres ForestWatch, the only local nonprofit organization promoting wilderness, protecting wildlife, safeguarding rivers, improving public access, preserving sacred sites, and ending resource abuse throughout the Los Padres National Forest, the Carrizo Plain National Monument, and other public lands along California’s central coast.
Ojai WILD! takes place on The Thacher School’s Upper Field, with sweeping views of the Ojai Valley showcasing the renewal of our beloved Los Padres National Forest. A fun afternoon for all, the event will kick off with live, toe-tapping music by the American Roots band the Brian Titus Trio, while guests sample appetizers and delicious regional wines and craft beer. While the music is playing, guests will be busy bidding on great Silent Auction items such as outdoor gear, artwork, jewelry, clothing, restaurant gift certificates, classes and lessons, wellness services, and hotel stays donated by our local businesses.
Next up, an organic locally-sourced gourmet supper is served while our emcee Dwier Brown, actor and author is best known for his role as the father in the movie “Field of Dreams”, assists with our announcements and program introductions.
After dinner, there is an exciting live auction with fabulous travel and experiential packages. Anyone planning a vacation can take advantage of the great getaways and feel good knowing that 100% of the proceeds will go to protecting the Los Padres National Forest. This year’s travel packages include;
- Weeklong Culinary Workshop in Tuscany for Two
- Four Night Hosted B&B Stay for Two in Edinburgh, Scotland for The Edinburgh Festival
- Craig and Mary’s Excellent Adventure: Guided Backpack Trip into the Los Padres Wilderness
- Cuyama Valley Vineyard Stay and Wind Wolves Preserve Wildlife & Wildflower Safari
- Weeklong Stay at Park City, Utah Townhouse for Six…And more!
DID YOU KNOW? National Forests are not protected the way National Parks are.
FIVE THINGS Los Padres ForestWatch has done to benefit the Ojai region.
- Stopped a plan to expand oil drilling in the Los Padres National Forest, including along the foothills of the Ojai Valley.
- Worked with local residents to form the Stop the Trucks Coalition and prevent hundreds of industrial trucks from using Scenic Highway 33 as a haul route.
- Secured permanent public access to Matilija Falls.
- Filed suit to stop a plan to drill more oil wells along the popular Santa Paula Canyon trail.
- Secured the closure of one of the largest illegal target shooting areas in the Los Padres National Forest and have been spearheading cleanup of the area ever since.
All proceeds from the event benefit Los Padres ForestWatch. Tickets are $125, or you can reserve a table for 8 for $1000. To make your reservation, or for Sponsorship, Silent Auction Donations, or Volunteer opportunities, call Cynthia at 805/617-4610 ext 4 or visit www.OjaiWild.org.